Before getting to know TMT bars in detail, lets just go through why TMT bars are better than iron rods by default. TMT bars have been accepted by civil engineers, contractors and even by governments. Below are some of the advantages of TMT bars over iron rods.
Advantages of using TMT Steel Bars in construction
- TMT Bars are environment friendly as they can be recycled and reused without any loss of quality.
- TMT Bars are incredibly flexible, TMT bars can be created into required steel frames.
- TMT Bars can withstand fires and earthquakes.
- TMT Bars are easy to transport due to their lightweight built.
- TMT Bars can increase the pace of the construction process
- TMT Bars, with the their superior malleability, ductility, strength, and their better weldability.
When talking about TMT bars, it is important to talk about grades of TMT bars. There are different grades for different needs or different types of structures.
Different TMT Steel Grades
Fe 600: used for the construction of structures requiring industrial grade strength. Structures such as airports, ports, hospitals and structures where structural integrity takes precedence.
Fe 550: used for the construction of structures which are in or near a humid area, a coastal area and very popular in below the ground structures such as basements.
Fe 500: used for the construction of skyscrapers, mountain bridges and railways bridges.
Fe 415: used for the construction of houses, public halls, schools, hospitals, conference halls and is known for its ease to work with. It is also perfect for places with high corrosion and offers good protection against fires and earthquakes as well.